Andrea E. Rusca is a Swiss and Italian national. He grew up in Lugano, studied law in Neuchâtel and, after his lawyer training period in Geneva, was admitted to the Geneva Bar in May 1995. Thereafter, he studied in Washington DC where he obtained an LL.M. “with distinction” from Georgetown University Law Center in 1997. While working in Washington DC, he prepared the bar exams and was admitted to the New York Bar in 1998.
Andrea acquired solid legal competencies with various international law firms in Geneva, Paris and Washington DC, two international arbitration organizations: The World Bank – International Centre for the Settlement of International Disputes (ICSID) in Washington DC and the Secretariat of the ICC Arbitration Court in Paris as well as multinational companies in Switzerland and Italy.
For a period of five years, Andrea worked in pure commercial/business and finance areas including car distribution and sale, real estate projects as well as related structuring and financing of projects and investments. His practice is focused on:
- international litigation and commercial arbitration;
- mediation and negotiation;
- domestic litigation and freezing of assets;
- corporate and commercial law;
- contracts, real estate and automotive;
- international business transactions;
- trade law (WTO);
- banking/financial services; and
- compliance and related issues.
Andrea is an energetic and constructive problem-solver with a business results-oriented attitude.
He speaks Italian, French, English, and Spanish, with a good working knowledge of German.
In 2014, he founded ISA-Lex Avocats, a boutique Law Firm based in Geneva and Nyon.
- Scientific Bachelor, Liceo Cantonale Lugano (High School)
- Licence en droit (JD equivalent), Faculty of Law Economics, Neuchâtel
- LL.M. with distinction, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington DC
- Italian, French and English: fluent
- Spanish: good knowledge
- German: working knowledge